Flexible Spending Accounts


Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) are tax-advantaged accounts that let you use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible expenses. Ardent’s FSAs are administered by Via Benefits. Visit Via Benefits to learn about the easy and convenient tools available to help manage your accounts, find a complete list of eligible expenses, get claim forms, and much more.

Ardent offers three types of FSAs.

  • Health Care FSA – used to pay for eligible out-of-pocket medical, dental, and vision expenses for yourself and your eligible dependent(s). Not available if enrolled in an HDHP
  • Limited-Purpose FSA - used to pay for eligible dental and vision expenses only. This is available only to employees enrolled in the HDHP.
  • Dependent Care FSA - used to pay for eligible expenses such as daycare of a dependent child under the age of 13 so that you and your spouse (if applicable) can work. You can also use it for elderly daycare or any other dependent who is physically or mentally incapable of self-care. The adult-dependent must be your tax-qualified dependent and must live with you and require care while you work. You must claim these dependents as deductions on your federal tax return for the expenses to be eligible.

Note: You can use a Dependent Care FSA only to cover the eligible expenses for the care of your dependents so that you and your spouse (if applicable) can work. It cannot be used for medical or other health care expenses for your dependent (these expenses may be eligible under the Health Care FSA).


Important Information

The money contributed to your FSA account does not carry over from year to year. Our plans have a grace period that allows additional time to incur in claims for reimbursement.

This grace period allows participants to incur claims until March 15 of the following year.  Participants, then have until March 31 to submit their expenses for reimbursement.

Any money that you don’t use before the March 15, deadline will be forfeited, so it’s important to calculate your expenses carefully!

End of Employment

If your employment ends, participation in the plans will end the last day of your termination month and you will have 90 days after your participation end date to submit claims for expenses incurred on or before your participation in the plan ended.


Learn how to enter a request for reimbursement and provide receipts online. 

  • Go to your account – www.viabenefitsaccounts.com and sign in with your credentials. On the home page, click on the Enter New Claims button on the row of Common Action buttons next to your name.

Submitting a Claim 

Below is a step-by-step summary for submitting claims and providing supporting documentation. As you go through these steps, we encourage you to look over each page carefully to familiarize yourself with the claim submission process.

Step 1. Select Category

  • Choose your Claim Category from the drop-down menu and click Continue.

Step 2. Enter Details

  • Provide your claim details and select either Pay Self or Pay Provider. Click Continue.

Step 3. Submit Claims

  • Review your information to make sure everything you entered on the previous screen is correct. Click Submit.

Step 4. Completed Successfully

  • Take note of your transaction # and/or print this page for your records.
  • Afterward, click the Upload Supporting Documents link to submit documentation now. If you are faxing or mailing, click the Cover Sheet link.

Reminder: If you do not submit proper documentation (see step 4) ViaBenefits cannot process your claim. Proper documentation would be a receipt with the following information:

  • Service provider’s name
  • Service provided
  • The date of service
  • The amount for the service
  • Amount you paid

Have Questions?

Visit Via Benefits or call 800-953-5395.